Thursday, January 16, 2014

Decadent Banana Bread


A a big morning smoothie drinker, I tend to grab for the biggest bunch of banana at the market. As a result, I often have too many in my fruit basket and some brown or blacken before I can use them. Since I do not like to throw food away, I sometimes make this easy recipe . If the rest of my family is overdosing on bananas, I still make the cake and I freeze it for that perfect snowy day where everyone is craving a fresh hot cake right out of the oven. 


Decadent Banana Bread
Serves 5 - 10
Prep time: 10 - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes


Ingredients

. 1 dollup of room temperature butter and sugar for the dish
. 1 teaspoon yeast ( baking powder)
. 1/2 jar of crème fraîche (or sour cream ) (1.25 cup)
. 100 grams of room temperature butter (one stick)
. 250 grams of sugar flavored with vanilla (1.25 cup)
. 200 grams of flour ( 1.5 cups )
. 2 large eggs
. 3 very very ripe bananas



Utensils

. 1 small bowl
. 1 large bowl to mix and 1 whisk or an electric mixer
. 1 scraper
. 1 baking dish


Recipe 

Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Butter and sugar a baking dish.
Mix the yeast and cream in a small bowl and set aside.
Mix all dry ingredients (in order). Add eggs, then the contents of the bowl and cream yeast.
Continue mixing until you get a fairly liquid batter. Add bananas. 





Pour into baking dish. Bake at 350 ° F (176 ° C) for about 35-45 minutes , or until dough is golden.

Serve warm or cold.


Et voilà. Bon appétit ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment